At Kosiski Auto Parts we can tailor our warranty to meet your needs! All warranties on recycled parts are carried in house. No dealing with a warranty company.
On our remanufactured product line the warranty is handled directly with the manufacturer of the product.
All body parts have a lifetime replacement warranty for corrosion on insurance paid claims, and all mechanical and electrical parts have a 90-day parts-only warranty, extended protection plans can be purchased at a additional cost.
We offer multiple options, including our standard no charge 90-day parts only warranty, one-year parts only , one-year parts and labor, two-year parts only, two-year parts and labor warranties. We also offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY on starters, alternators, AC compressors, batteries , & many other items.
Kosiski Auto Parts Limited Warranty Terms
Your recycled part shall be covered by this limited warranty, unless specifically excluded in writing at the time of sale.
This warranty applies to original purchaser of the part for 90 days or longer, if an extended warranty is purchased. Extended warranty is available as an additional purchase.
If any defect is discovered during the warranty period, Kosiski Auto Parts must be notified immediately. Any repairs or work performed must be authorized before work is started. Any repair (including but not limited to removing the part) that is initiated without authorization will void the warranty. Transportation expenses on parts that are being returned are excluded from the warranty. Kosiski Auto Parts reserves the rights to repair, replace or refund the purchase price of any part at their discretion.
Any improper use or abuse, including but not limited to racing, pulling, overheating or low oil in engines or transmissions, neglect, careless handling or damage resulting from improper installation, modification or repair will void this warranty. Existing problems with the vehicle that will cause damage to the recycled part will also void the warranty.
Labor cost for removing and replacing the part or transferring parts from the original part to the replacement part is excluded from this warranty unless a labor warranty is purchased at the time of sale. Labor warranty payout is ONE TIME only. An additional labor warranty can be purchased at the time of part replacement.
The warranty period on any part starts at the time of sale, not upon installation. The liability and obligation of Kosiski Auto Parts under this warranty shall not include any inconvenience, transportation, towing, downtime, direct, indirect or consequential damage or delay resulting from any defect. This warranty is in lieu of any warranty expressed or implied.
Engine Warranty Requirements:
- Replace timing belt, all external seals including but not limited to crank seals, cam seals, pan gasket, intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets.
- Transfer all accessories from the original engine to the recycled engine.
- Install new water pump.
- Clean out intake and look into the intake and exhaust ports for any loose nuts or bolts etc. (debris can end up inside of the cylinder, causing damage. It is the sole responsibility of the installer. Debris can get caught inside the intake from a failed engine, causing subsequent failure of the replacement.)
- Check cooling system for leaks and install a new thermostat.
- Antifreeze should be a 50/50 mix.
- Oil and filter must be replaced prior to start up and every 3,000 miles or as required by manufacturer.
Engines are guaranteed not to knock, smoke excessively or use excessive oil (check manufacturer’s specification for allowed oil consumption). Cylinder block, head, pistons, crank valves and other internal lubricated parts are covered under this warranty.
Engine warranty covers long block only. Many items are left on the engine assemblies free of charge for exchange convenience. These convenience items are not warrantied and when they differ from the original, they must be replaced with the original at the purchaser’s expense. Parts not covered are intake manifold, exhaust manifold, water pump, injectors, hoses, brackets, wiring harnesses, turbo,etc.
Transmission Warranty Requirements:
- Replace all external seals, gaskets and filters.
- Flush cooling system per manufacturer requirement
- TSB and or replace cooler if called for by manufacturer or you are unable to flush correctly.
- Fill transmission with fluid recommended by the manufacturer.
- Programming and relearn procedures must be performed , documentation of programming may be requested by our warranty department. Failure to provide documentation will void the warranty.
Guidelines and Rules
- Labor rate paid out is $50.00 per hour
- Labor hours set using Motor’s Labor Guide Manual
- Maximum labor payout is determined by the amount of labor coverage purchased
- No refunds after 90 days
- No refunds on warranty premiums
- No refunds on deposits
- No returns on cuts
- 25% restock charge on all refundable items
- Deposits on parts will be forfeited after 30 days
- 3% Convenience Fee will be charged for all credit/debit card transactions – Non Refundable
For other warranty details and prices, contact one of our knowledgeable sales professionals.